Put down the store-bought canned cranberry sauce because homemade cranberry sauce is so easy and oh so good! This recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy!
- 1 pound whole cranberries
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups water
- In a medium heavy-bottom saucepan add cranberries, sugar, water, and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add orange zest.
- Pour into an air-tight container and store into the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
How To Can Cranberry Sauce - Recipe Makes Two Pints
- Pour cranberry sauce into clean jars pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Debubble and wipe down the rim of each jar, add a new canning lid, and screw on the ring.
- Place in a water bath canner and boil for 15 min.
- Turn off heat and let jars cool in a water bath canner for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars from the canner and set them on a clean kitchen towel for 24 hours.
- Once cool, remove rings, wipe down jars, and put in the pantry to enjoy whenever. Keeps for 18 months.