When easy meets delicious... Make this for yourself and for super cute gifts!
- 1⁄2 gallon alcohol, your choosing that is at least 80 proof
- 25 vanilla beans
Becky’s Hands Off Vanilla Extract:
- Cut the Vanilla Beans lengthwise. The Seeds of the Vanilla are inside the pod and we want to do this so that when we’re cooking or it’s infusing the seed part can come out.
- If you’re making it for yourself put a whole bag of 25 Vanilla Beans straight into a ½ gallon of Alcohol. I love Spiced Rum because I think it adds more flavor, but you can use any type of alcohol.
- If you’re making these as gifts and using the 5 oz gift bottles (link below) put 2 cut Vanilla Beans in each bottle and pour in just enough alcohol to cover the Vanilla Bean.
- Put it in the pantry for ~3 months and get Delicious Vanilla Extract!
Emily's Instant Pot Vanilla Extract:
- Cut the Vanilla Beans lengthwise.
- Fill your desired number of pint jars with alcohol of your choosing. If you put it straight in the instant pot without using jars, the alcohol will evaporate and won’t make Vanilla.
- Add ~5 Vanilla Beans per pint jar.
- Put a canning lid on each jar. We’re not canning - just infusing - so you can use a used canning lid.
- Place a trivet in the instant pot and add 1 cup of water. Place the jars on the trivet.
- Settings: Manual. High Pressure: 30 minutes.
- Once it has been pressurized for 30 minutes, unplug it and let it sit for the full natural release. Then open it and wait until the Vanilla comes to room temperature. It can be boiling inside the jars initially so be careful.
- After it comes to room temperature pour it into the bottles of your choice. And don’t forget to take the Vanilla Beans and place one inside each of the bottles you make because it’s super pretty and it will continue to infuse.