I don’t know about you but sriracha is my go-to hot sauce! I can’t get enough. I am so excited to bring to you homemade sriracha that is out of this world!
- Wearing gloves, cut stems off pepper
- Place peppers, garlic, sugar, salt, and water into a high powered blender and blend until smooth
- Poor pepper mash into a glass jar and cover with a cloth napkin and place a rubber band around the opening to prevent dust or debris from falling into the jar
- Place jar in a cool dark place for 3-5 days. Every day, stir the mixture, scraping the sides of the jar, and place the cover back on the jar.
- Pour fermented pepper mash back into a blender with distilled vinegar and blend until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a heavy bottom saucepan to remove as much pulp as possible. *See notes about pulp*
- Cook over medium heat for 15-20 min, stirring often.
- Let sauce cool and pour into a jar, place into the refrigerator and enjoy!
- Do not through pulp away. Place pulp on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in your oven at the lowest setting until fully dry. This will make delicious fermented pepper flakes that you can dust on any dish you desire. Store in an air-tight container.
- Supplies I use: