Preheat oven to 350 degrees | Line three 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add oil and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the batter, take care to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl so that all is well combined, and don’t over mix.
- Evenly pour cake batter between each cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy about 2-4 minutes.
- Add salt and vanilla, then gradually add sugar, ½ cup at a time, waiting until each addition is completely mixed in before adding the next.
- Mix in powdered freeze-dried strawberries.
- Add cream 1 tablespoon at a time and then beat on high for 30 seconds.
- Spread frosting over the cake quickly as the frosting gets firmer with the passage of time.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and enjoy!
You can bake the cake in a 9-by-13 cake pan as well.
I double the frosting when making a layer of cake.
In the video, my mom added 1 small package of strawberry jello to the dry mix of this cake. We found the cake to be a little sweet and next time we make it we will add an extra 8 zo-freezed dried powdered strawberries to the white cake batter.