This is by far the best Thai Massaman Curry recipe out there!
Summer in a bowl! If you love tomato soup you will love this recipe! It’s a perfect balance of sweet and savory!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 10 cups fresh tomatoes, or three 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half and half
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- In a large dutch oven add butter, oil, onions, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook on low for 15-25 min until onions are golden brown and caramelized. Low and slow is key.
- Add garlic and cook for 45 seconds, be sure to not brown garlic.
- Add tomatoes, remaining salt, and pepper. Simmer for 35- 45 minutes.
- Working in batches, place tomato mixture, and cream into a high-powered blender and blend until very smooth. Pour mixture into a large blow until all the soup is blended.
- Return soup back into the dutch oven and stir in basil.
- Taste soup for seasoning and add up to 1/4 cup brown sugar if needed.