I love this recipe because it can be used for chips and dip or you can use it as the green sauce for enchiladas! It has the perfect balance of heat and zing! So so good!
Preheat oven to 415 F
- In a stainless steel saucepan tomatillos, chilies, onions, lemon juice, and garlic and bring to a boil, boil for 10 min.
- Add remaining ingredients to a saucepan and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Pour salsa into clean jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Debubble and wipe down the rim of each jar.
- Place a new canning lid and screw on a ring.
- Place in a water bath canner and boil for 20 min.
- Turn off heat and let jars cool in a water bath canner for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars from the canner and set them on a clean kitchen towel for 24 hours.
- Once cool, remove rings, wipe down jars, and put in the pantry to enjoy whenever. Keeps for 18 months.