This is NOT your typical pecan pie recipe. This ready is LOADED with pecan and has the best filling to nut ratio on the internet!
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon non-iodized salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, diced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix filling ingredients together and set aside.
- In a food processor, mix flour, salt, sugar, and butter.
- Pulse mixture until butter is the size of peas. Be careful not to over process.
- Pour ice water into the food processor while pulsing just until combined.
- Roll dough out and place crust into 8-inch pie pan, remove excuse pie crust and make a fluted edge.
- Fill with pie filling and cover with foil, to prevent over-browning.
- Bake for 1 hour or crust is golden brown and filling is set.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Enjoy with whipped cream!