Calendula is known for being antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, and astringent. I use this salve to soothe small cuts and abrasions. I also suffer from eczema on my hands and it has helped soothed it over the years.
- 1⁄2 cup calendula-infused oil
- 1⁄2 cup grass-fed tallow
- 1⁄2 ounce beeswax
- 30-40 drops lavender essential oil, optional
- 5 2-ounce amber jars
- Have jars ready
- In the top portion of a double-boiler place calendula oil, tallow, and beeswax, melt over medium-low heat. Be sure not to overheat the calendula oil, as soon as the beeswax is fully melted remove it from heat
- Stir in essential oil and hot salve into jars. Salve hardens quickly, if you need to retire to the double boiler to liquify salve again do so.
- In the bottom portion of your double-boiler, add enough water so that the top bowl or pot is in contact and resting in the water below.
- Allow the salve to fully harden and cool before placing lids on them.
- To remove salve from containers use cleaning hands or a spoon. A Little goes a long way and enjoy!