This summer in a jar. You can eat it fresh or can it up! It has the perfect balance of heat and zing! So so good!
- 10 cups tomatoes, cored and peeled, finely diced
- 5 cups onions, finely diced
- 5 cups green bell peppers, finely diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups chili peppers, finely diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon non-iodized salt
Makes 6 pints
- In a large pot add tomatoes, peppers, onions, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and mix to combined.
- Ladle hot salsa into clean jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- De-bubble and adjust headspace if needed. Wipe down the rims of each jar.
- Place a new canning lid on each jar and screw on a ring.
- Place in a water bath canner. Makes sure water is covering the jars by 2 inches and boil for 15 min.
- Turn off heat and let jars cool in a water bath canner for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars from the canner and set them on a clean kitchen towel for 24 hours.
- Once cool, remove rings, wipe down jars, and put in the pantry to enjoy! Keeps for 18 months.