This is the perfect drink for a hot summer day! It has the perfect balance of sweet and tart which your whole family will love!
- 6 cups strawberries, blended
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups fresh lemon juice, squeezed
- In a heavy-bottom saucepan add strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Over medium heat, heat up the mixture to 190 degrees F (88 C) and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Do not boil. Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Ladle concentrate into a clean canning jar, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace. Wipe down the rim of each jar with plain distilled vinegar and a paper towel.
- Place a new canning lid on the jar and screw on a ring finger-tip tight.
- Place the jars in a water bath canner with at least 2 inches of water covering the jars. Once the water comes to a roiling boil, set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let jars cool in a water-bath canner for 5 minutes
- Remove jars from the canner and set them on a clean kitchen towel for 24 hours
- Once completely cool, remove the rings, wipe down the jars, label them, and enjoy!
To Reconstitute: mix one part concentrate with one part flat water, tonic water, carbonated water, or ginger ale; adjust the concentrate to your taste.