Perfectly chewy snickerdoodles your family will love!
Pre-Heat Oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
Line cookies sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until creamy, about 4-5 minutes. Add in your egg and vanilla and cream for another 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture. Referiate dough for 20-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and drop them into the cinnamon-sugar mixture until well coated.
- Place dough balls onto prepared apartment paper. Press dough balls down in the center to make a flatter-cookies, if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and let cool for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.
How to Freeze: Place dough balls onto a baking sheet, and flash freeze. Once the cookies are frozen place them into a freezer bag. Freeze for 2-3 months.
How to Cook From Frozen: Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and place frozen cookies 2 1/2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before placing cookies on a cooling rack to completely cool.