This is a perfect slow cooker recipe. It creates the most tender meat that you can use for tacos or burritos.
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or carnitas
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 7 ounces chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 bay leaf
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker, cook on high until meat is fall-apart tender, about 4-6 hours.
- Remove meat from the slow cooker and shred using two forks.
- Using an emersion blender, blend the sauce in the crockpot.
- Place meat back into the slow cooker and stir to combine meat and sauce.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top and sprinkle cilantro to garnish.
If the sauce is too spicy (chipotles can vary in heat) add 1/4 cup of honey.