This is a family favorite! It is so comforting and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, minced very finely
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced very finely
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, minced finely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of hot sauce, optional
- Add oil to a frying pan, over medium-high add ground beef. Cook until meat is very well browned. Drain fat if needed. Add carrots, celery, and onions, cook veggies until they are fully tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining insurance and simmer together. If the sauce is too thick add 1/4 cup water.
- Serve on a warm hamburger bun.