Sea Foam Candy also known as Honey Comb is a family favorite. It is a very easy candy to make. All you need is a candy thermometer and you are set!
Line a 9-by-13 baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with a neutral-flavored oil, and set aside.
- Measure out the baking soda and set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan (5 quarts or bigger), over medium heat, add the sugar, water, corn syrup, and honey. Stir to combine. Using a candy thermometer, heat the mixture until it reaches 305º F, about 10-12 minutes. Watch carefully because the sugar can burn easily.
- As soon as the sugar reaches temperature, remove it from the heat and stir in baking soda. This will cause the candy to bubble up vigorously so be very careful!
- Once the candy is light golden in color, still bubbling, and very fluffy, immediately pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- The candy will shrink a bit as it cools. Allow the candy to cool for 2-4 hours before breaking into the desired size.
- Store it in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Once the candy is cool it can be covered in chocolate.
Optional: Milk or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips to Cover the Candy