This recipe is perfect as an appetizer or brunch item.
- 1 pound pork sausage, regular or spicy
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 8 oz crescent roll tubes
Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove any excess grease. Add red pepper and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cream cheese and green onions and stir to combine. Allow the filling to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent dough out into one sheet and pinch perforations to seal. spread with 1/3 of the filling to within 1/4 inch of the edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a wide side; pinch the seam to seal. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining crescent dough. Freeze for 15 Minutes.
- Cut each log into 12 slices. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Serve warm.