This candy is so easy and delicious! Be careful when you start making it because you might not be able to stop!
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup nuts of your choice, chopped
Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC)
Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- In a single layer, line the cookie sheet with saltine crackers.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan combine the sugar and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour toffee over the saltines. Using a rubber spatula, spread toffee evenly over the crackers.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on the top.
- Let sit for 5 minutes allowing the chocolate chips to melt, then spread the melted chocolate over toffee. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if using.
- Let it cool completely and break into pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container.