This is by far the best Thai Massaman Curry recipe out there!
This dish is bursting is flavors and textures! It is good enough has a main dish or perfect as a side.
Rice and Lentils
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro or Parsley, Lemon Wedges, Green Yogurt and Toasted Pine Nuts
- In a large pot, add onions, oil and salt. Sauté on low until onions a deep golden brown, string regularly about 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, add green lentils and water to cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer lentils for 20 minutes. Lentil should be tender but not mushy. Drain lentils and set aside.
- Once the onions are caramelized remove half the onions from the pot and set aside. Then add the cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add the rice and cook until the rice starts to brown.
- Add bay leaf, lentil and 3 1/2 cups of water and stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer until rice is tender and the water has completely evaporated, about 25-35 minutes.
- Serve rice and lentils topped with the caramelized onions, chopped fresh herbs, lemon wedges, pine nuts and Greek yogurt if desired.