This pie is the sign spring is here! This is a family favorite to make for Mother’s Day! We love the contrast between sweet and sour. Perfect served with vanilla ice cream!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a blow, mix pie filling together and set aside.
- In a food processor, mix flour, salt, sugar, butter.
- Pulse mixture until butter is the size of peas.
- Slowly pour water and vodka into the food processor while pulsing just until combined.
- Divide dough into two equal balls.
- Roll dough out and place the bottom crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Fill the pie with pie filling and top with top crust.
- Crimp edges, cut vent holes, and place into the oven covered with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees F, remove foil, and bake for an additional hour or until hours or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Allow pie to cool completely before serving.
If the top crust is browning to quickly place foil back over the pie until the pie is done baking.