Plum jam is so rich and delicious with the perfect balance of tart and sweet!
- 7 cups plums, deseeded
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar, with 1/4 cup of the sugar removed into a separate bowl
- 1 butter
- 1 low sugar
- Take the 1/4 cup sugar bowl and mix in the full box of Sure-Jell pectin.
- Add plums, butter, and sugar/pectin mixture into a heavy bottom dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook until fruit comes to a roiling boil, if you stir the mix the fruit should still boil.
- Add remaining sugar and cook until the mixture comes back to a roiling boil and then cook for exactly 1 min.
- Remove from heat and spoon off foam and discard.
- Ladle jam into clean canning jars with 1/4 inch headspace
- Wipe down the rim of each jar.
- Place a new canning lid on each jar and screw on a ring.
- Place in a water bath canner and boil for 10 min.
- Turn heat off and let jars cool in the water bath canner for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars from the canner and set them on a clean kitchen towel for 24 hours.
- Once cool, remove rings, wipe down jars, and put them in the pantry!