This is one of the easiest candies to whip up and it is always a crowd pleaser! It also makes an easy and beautiful gift that anyone would love!
- 3 cups good-quality chocolate chips, milk, semi-sweet, or dark
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided in half
- 3 cups good-quality white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract, containing NO water (water will cause the chocolate to seize)
- 1 cup peppermint hard candy, crushed
Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with waxed paper or parchment paper overlapping the sides
- In a medium glass bowl, place chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each until chocolate is melted. Be careful not to burn it.
- Stir in two teaspoons of peppermint oil into the melted chocolate and spread evenly over the prepared sheet pan. Place chocolate in the freezer until fully hardened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, repeat the same melting process with the white chocolate and coconut oil. Spread white chocolate over the cooled chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle white chocolate with crushed peppermint candies. Return to the freezer until fully hardened (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from the freezer and break bark up into pieces.
- Place in an air-tight containers for up to two weeks.