If you want to impress your family and friends with the best comfort food out there, this is it!!
This dish works perfectly as a freezer meal. If you'd like to see me prepare this meal (as well as 6 other freezer meal recipes), please check out my video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfln4HW1ryI
- 3 pounds chicken breast, cut up into 2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese over the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large frying pan melt butter over medium heat. In batches brown chicken on each side.
- As chicken is browned arrange chicken in the baking dish over Parmesan cheese.
- In the same frying pan, add flour to pan drippings. Cook and stir for 2 min. Gradually add milk and stir, until smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in Swiss cheese and pour sauce over chicken.
- Top chicken with the remaining 1/2 of parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 45 min, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Serve over egg noodles.