This is the BEST bread, and it's SO easy to make! If you have never made bread before, no worries! Try this and be impressed with your own cooking skills!
- In a large bowl, combine flour, water, yeast, and salt into a large bowl and mix until a shaggy dough forms.
- Cover dough and let sit at room temperature for 12-18 hours.
- Transfer the dough to a well-floured surface. Fold the dough onto itself, pulling the outer edges into the center. Continue, to do this until you create a tight smooth ball that holds its shape.
- Line a bowl with parchment paper with excess paper over the edge and sprinkle paper with flour.
- Place dough ball into prepared bowl, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 450ºF, and place a Dutch oven into the oven with the lid on it to preheat the Dutch oven.
- Once the oven is preheated, carefully, remove the lid of the Dutch oven. Using the parchment paper as handles, transfer the dough ball into the Dutch oven. Score the top of the loaf with a knife. Put the lid back onto the Dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Using the parchment paper, place the bread onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into the bread.
- Enjoy with butter and your favorite jam!