Homemade Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch OR tapioca starch, optional
- Pour sugar into a blender and blend until sugar turns into powder.
- Once or twice while blending, scrape down the sides of the blender to make sure all the sugar is being blended completely. This may take 5 minutes.
- Pour powdered sugar into an air-tight container and whisk in starch, if using.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
The starch prevents clumping, if you use the powered sugar right away you do not need to use starch.