Hawaiian mac salad is creamy rich and so deliouse. There are no frills but your friends and family will eat it up! This is the perfect side dish for any BBQ.
- 1 pound large macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup onion, optional
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package instruction. Drain well and do not rinse with cold water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl.
- While the pasta is still hot, add vinegar, carrots, and onions and mix to combine, place the bowl in the refrigerator until the pasta is cool.
- Add remaining inredients and fold until the pasta is fully coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the mac salad, add a little more milk if the pasta seems dry.