- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees | Line a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper; grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt, and set aside
- In a stand mixer, beat egg and sugar until it becomes thick, about 5 minutes on high.
- Add pumpkin and lemon juice and mix to combine and then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when touched. Immediately turn the cake out onto the prepared towel. Carefully peel off the paper.
- Starting at the narrow end, roll the cake and towel up together. Allow the cake to cool on a cooling rack.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined.
Making the Jelly Roll
- Unroll the cake and spread the frosting evenly over the cake and carefully roll the cake back up.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.