This is not your traditional turkey stuffing! The sausage adds an amazing savory element that everyone in your family will love! I have such fond memories of my grandma serving this stuffing at our childhood Thanksgiving dinners.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean’s regular sausage
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 dried bread stuffing mix
- 4-6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- non-iodized salt , to taste
- pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 9 by 13 baking dish with nonstick spray, and set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium heat brown sausage. Drain excess grease and set browned meat aside.
- In the same saute pan add butter, onions, and celery. Cook for about 10 minutes until onions are translucent and celery is tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix together meat, vegetables, and egg until fully combined. Add dried bread, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add 4 cups chicken broth to start and mix. Keep adding chicken broth until bread crumbs are well soaked but not dripping.
- Add to a greased baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.