This easy nougat recipe is so easy and yummy! You can make it for gifts or for a holiday!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows (10 oz. bag)
- 16 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups red and pink gumdrops, chopped (dots or jujubes)
Line a square 8-by-8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a double boiler add butter, marshmallows, and white chocolate chips.
- Carefully melt the mixture, frequently stirring to avoid burning it or cooking it.
- Once the mixture is fully melted and smooth remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 2 minutes.
- Add the candies and mix.
- Pour the nougat into the prepared pan. This mixture is VERY sticky, to help smooth the top you can use a piece of greased parchment paper to help spread the nougat out.
- Allow candy to cool for at least 2 hours before cutting but overnight is best.
- Cut candy into desired size pieces and store in a tight air store in an airtight container with a piece of parchment between layers to prevent the candy from sticking together.
- This candy can be made in the microwave instead of a double boiler but be sure to stir every 30-45 seconds.
- Make this candy for any holiday by using the color of candies for the corresponding holiday. For example, red and green dots for Christmas nougat.