This is the EASIEST and BEST bread! If you have never made bread before, no worries! Try this and be impressed with your own cooking skills!
Preheat oven to 400 F and place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- In a small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix together 3 cups flour and salt with the dough hook in a stand mixer bowl.
- Add the water-yeast mixture to the stand mixer bowl and mix until combined. Add the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time. knead the dough until it forms a smooth, not sticky, dough, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove dough, shape it into a ball, rub oil around the dough ball, and place the dough back into the bowl, cover and let rise until dough doubles in size, about 30 min.
- Turn the dough onto a well-floured surface, cut it in half, and set one-half aside. With the other half of the dough, roll dough into a rectangle (about 15 inches by 8 inches). Starting at the long end, roll the dough into a cylinder, pinch seems closed and place seem side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the second dough ball.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Make three diagonal cuts across the top of each loaf and bake for 18-22 min or until the tops are golden brown. When you knock on the bottoms of the loaves they should sound hollow.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before cutting into it. Enjoy it with butter and your favorite jam!