Creamy green enchiladas have the perfect mix of heat, zest, and creaminess! Your family will love this recipe for its melt-in-your-mouth goodness!!
This dish works perfectly as a freezer meal.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken, about 2 pounds
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon non-iodized salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 - 15 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 10 - 12 7 inch Flour tortillas
Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees
Making the Filling
- Over medium-high heat, in a skillet add oil, peppers, and onion and cook until browned and softened, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, softened cream cheese, coriander, cumin, chopped cilantro, 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, salt, pepper, onions, and peppers, mix to combine, fold in cooked shredded chicken.
Putting it all together
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, pour about 1/2 the can of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan and spread evenly.
- Place an even amount of chicken mixture at the center of each tortilla and roll and place in the prepared pan, seam side down. Repeat until the chicken mixture is gone.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Place foil over pan and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake until cheese is golden brown and enchilada sauce is bubbling, about 10-15 more minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
fresh cilantro, sour cream, diced avocado, diced raw onions