- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- 2 cups powdered sugar , for rolling
Pre-Heat Oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
Line cookies sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in your eggs and vanilla and cream for another 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour-cocoa mixture. Stir in chocolate chips if using.
- Using a 1.5-inch cookie scoop, scoop the dough out onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll dough balls in the powdered sugar and place dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, the edges of the cookies should appear set but the center should still look soft. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!