Perfectly chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies your family will love!
Pre-Heat Oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
Line cookies sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar together until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in your egg and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture. Once combined add in rolled oats, chocolate chips, and walnuts (if using).
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring, measure out cooking dough and place it onto the prepared cookie sheet 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies start to set around the outside edges but the center still seems soft about 12-15 minutes, be sure to rotate the baking sheets halfway through the cooking process.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
How to Freeze: Using a 1/4 cup measuring, measure out all the cooking dough and place it onto a baking sheet, and flash freeze. Once the cookies are frozen place them into a freezer bag. Freeze for 2-3 months.
How to Cook From Frozen: Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and place frozen cookies 2 1/2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake cookies until they look set around the outside edge but slightly underbaked in the middle, about 12-15 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before placing cookies on a cooling rack to completely cool.