I love this meal—It feels like a big hug after a long day. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
This dish works perfectly as a freezer meal.
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast , diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 pound linguine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1⁄4 bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
Pre-Heat Oven to 425 degrees
- Cook pasta and set aside
- In a dutch oven, over medium heat, add oil and 2 tablespoons of butter, and cook chicken until cooked through and browned. Remove chicken from the dutch oven and set aside.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of butter and mushrooms to dutch oven and cook until browned and water has evaporated, about 10-15 min. add onions and saute until onions are translucens. Add garlic and cook for 1 minutes. Remove from dutch oven and place in the bowl with the chicken.
- Add remaining butter and flour to the dutch oven. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add white wine and cook until thickens. Whisk in milk, cream, broth, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, mushrooms-onions, pasta and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley together to dutch oven and mix until well combined.
- Put into a buttered 9 by 13-inch casserole pan.
- Cover with breadcrumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-35 min or until golden brown and bubbly.