If you want an impressive meal for a dinner party or an easy weeknight meal, this recipe checks all the boxes! I hope you try this classic Italian recipe because it is soo yummy yet so good!!
- 4 chicken breast or thighs, boneless
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon butter, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1⁄4 cup small capers
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or parsley
- Place chicken breast in zip lock bag and pound with a meat tenderizer until 1/4 inch thin.
- Salt and pepper flour well, dust chicken with flour mixture on both side.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and oil into a frying pan, heat working in batches brown chicken breast on each side for 3 mins or until golden brown and cooked through, do not overcrowd the pan. Place cooked chicken on a plate, tented with foil.
- Add white wine to the frying pan and de-glaze the pan, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spoon. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream and capers and cook the sauce thickens, may take a couple of minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and parsely.
- Pour sauce over cooked chicken and garnish with your choice of herbs.
Best served over butter noodles, mashed potatoes, or crusty bread!