Perfectly chewy cookies with all the warm spices that bring on happy holiday feelings! Once you have one you won’t be able to stop!
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar, plus more for rolling cookies in
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon non-iodized salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips, optional
Pre-Heat Oven to 350ºF
- Line cookies sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, spices, and salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add molasses and mix until combined
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in each egg one at a time. Mix until fully combined.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl again and mix in vanilla.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly add flour mixture that was previously set aside. Mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips (optional).
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours, do not skip this step!
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll dough balls in white sugar and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes; cracks will appear on the top of the cookies. Remove from oven and tap the baking sheet on the counter twice to make the cookies flatten. Let them cool for 4-5 minutes before placing cookies on a cooling rack to completely cool.
You can find what you need to make this recipe below!