Preheat oven to 350 degrees | Line three 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat together sugar and eggs in a stand mixer.
- Alternate by adding dry ingredients and oil into the stand mixer until well combined.
- Stir in carrots and nuts.
- Evenly divide the batter between cake pans if using round cake pans.
- Bake until well set, toothpick should come out clean, about 25-35 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese frosting in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Vanilla extract and salt and mix.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined.
You can bake the cake in a 9-by-13 cake pan as well.