This carrot beet salad is a great make a head salad. It is also a fantastic way to make beet and carrots in a creative way that your family will love!
- 4 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 cups beets, shredded
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 bunch of green onions or chives
- 8 mint leaves
- Wash and peel carrots and beets.
- In a food processor, shred beet and carrots and place into a big bowl.
- Chop all herbs and add to carrots and beets.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix.
- Add dressing to the carrots and beets mixture.
- Taste for seasonings, adjust if needed.
- Carrots and beets can have very different sweetness levels so tasting and adjusting seasonings is very important.
- The herbs can be adjusted to your own taste or whatever herbs you may have on hand.