This candy is so simple, yet so elegant! It will level up any cookie plater, exchange, or dinner party!
Line a baking sheet with sides with parchment paper; set aside.
- Measure out in individual bowls, the peanuts, baking soda, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottom, 3-quart, saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it comes to a full boil, 8-12 minutes.
- Add butter and continue to cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 305ºF (about 25-30 minutes) or until a small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a hard brittle ball. Do not turn the heat up!
- Add peanuts and still until well combined. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Immediately pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; using a rubber spatula, spread mixture evenly to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cool completely and break into the desired sizes.
- Store in an airtight container a in cool place for up to two weeks!
Any dry roasted nut can be used in this recipe.