- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced (sausage can be substituted)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 8 large eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 10 inch flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon and place on a paper towel. Remove all the bacon grease from the pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of grease back to the skillet, and cook onions, and pepper until soft. Add frozen hash brown and soft. Remove and place into a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of grease back to the skilled and pour in eggs and cook until done to your liking. Once cooked add eggs to veggies mixture along with the bacon.
- Spoon the filling onto the bottom 1/3 of each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese and roll up the burrito.
- Serve fresh or freeze for later.
Store: Cover and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Freeze: Wrap the burritos in foil or parchment paper. Add to a freezer-safe Ziploc bag or container. Freeze for up to 2 months.
To Reheat: Place 1 burrito on a microwave-safe plate or dish and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Let rest for 30 seconds before eating.