If you want an EASY and impressive meal for a dinner party or an easy weeknight meal, this recipe checks all the boxes! It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory and it helped my husband fall in love with me.
- 10 chicken pieces, bone-in drumsticks, or thighs work best
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 springs of rosemary
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 large bunches kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together the salt, pepper, and paprika. Rub the dry rub all over the chicken.
- Add the oil into a high-sided pan, working in batches brown chicken pieces on each side for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown, do not overcrowd the pan. Once the chicken is browned transfer it to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the white wine and broth to de-glaze the pan, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spoon.
- Return the chicken back to the pan along with the herbs and bring to a simmer. Cover the pan and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove the lid and add the kale, maple syrup, and cream and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve over butter noodles, mashed potatoes, or with crusty bread!