I love this meal—It feels like a big hug after a long day. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
- 3 cups braised beef, I normally use leftover roast beef
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- In a dutch oven, over medium heat, add butter, oil, and onions. Fully caramelize the onions, about 30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the Dutch oven and cook until browned and water has evaporated about 10 min. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in red wine and cook until thickens. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce, simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Service over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.