- 1 pound dried pasta
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half and half
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups chicken, (optional)
- 1 pound broccoli, frozen (optional)
Pre-Heat Oven to 400 degrees
- Cook pasta
- Put butter and flour in a dutch oven and cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes to cook the raw flour taste out.
- Add milk, half and half, salt, pepper, mustard, and cook until white sauce thickens.
- Once thickened room sauce from the heat and add cheese, save some cheese for topping the casserole.
- Mix in chicken and broccoli
- Put into a buttered 9 by 13-inch casserole pan
- Cover with breadcrumbs and cheese
- Bake for 30-45 min or until golden brown and bubbly