This candy is an all-time favorite because it is sweet, salty, nutty, crunchy, and delicious. Perfect for holiday enjoyment or gift giving!
- 2 cups salted butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon non-iodized salt
- 2 cups roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Line a heatproof (glass) 13x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper that overhangs the sides, set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt butter. Then add white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
- Stirring constantly, bring the mixture up to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to heat to medium. Continue to turn the heat down if the mixture is darkening too quickly and to prevent scratching on the bottom.
- Keep stirring constantly until mixture reaches 310 degrees F, keep turning down the heat if needed.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in almonds and vanilla. Carefully, pour mixture onto the prepared baking dish.
- Once slightly cooled, use a paper towel to remove any pooled butter on the toffee. This will allow the chocolate to adhere better.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot toffee. Once the chocolate has started to melt, spread evenly over toffee.
- Allow to cool completely. Use a chef’s knife to break it into desired-sized pieces.
- Store in an airtight container, in a cool place for up to two weeks!
You can use any kind of nuts you would like in this recipe!