The Perfect White Sandwich Bread
Preheat oven to 350 F and line two 5-inch by 9-inch loaf pans with greased parchment paper and a 9 by 13 glass baking dish and set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, sugar, and yeast and allow it to rest until the yeast resembles a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the flour and salt. Pour the liquid mixture and oil. Knead until the dough forms a smooth ball of dough, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the dough, shape it into a ball, place it into a greased bowl, and let it rise for 15-30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down, knead it a few times, and divide it in half.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, shape it into a rectangle (about 9 inches by 6 inches). Staring at the long end, roll the dough into a cylinder, pinch the seams closed, and tuck the ends under. Repeat with the other dough ball.
- Place the logs of dough into the prepared baking pan. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size and the dough is 1 inch over the pan.
- Bake for 30 min or until rolls are lightly brown and the internal temperature reaches 195 degrees F
- Allow the bread to cool completely before cutting into them.
Note: Bread is not done cooking fully into it is cooled. Cutting into hot bread releases the steam and makes for gummy bread.