Cook Time: 20 mins
Grease a baking dish with a neutral-flavored oil, use 8-by-8 for thinner or 9-by-13 for thicker marshmallows, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixture, combine gelatin, salt, and water with the whisk attachment, set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, over medium heat, add sugar, corn syrup. Stir to combine. Using a candy thermometer, heat the mixture until it reaches 240º F, about 10 minutes.
- Once the sugar syrup has reached 240º F, remove it from the heat and begin to slowly pour the syrup into the gelatin mixture on a low speed.
- Add the vanilla and turn the mixture on high. Whip the batter until it is thick and opaque, about 10 minutes.
- Working quickly, pour the mixture onto the prepared baking dish and tap on the table a few times to help remove air bubbles.
- Allow marshmallow to cool overnight.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of powdered sugar onto a cutting board and cut marshmallows into any desired shape. Coat each cut end with powder sugar to prevent sticking.
- Store in an airtight. ENJOY!